- We, the Sisters of Providence, are a Catholic community
of women religious. Our administrative offices are located at
Providence Place, 5 Gamelin Street, Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040-4081.
- Phone: (413) 536-7511
- Our Community’s initials are SP.
- Our Executive Council includes our President and two Councilors, one of whom also serves as the Vice President.
- Our President is Sister Kathleen Popko.
- Our Councilors are Sister Mary Caritas Geary, vice president, and Sister Senga Fulton.
- The Sisters first came to Holyoke in 1873 as members
of another community from Kingston, Ontario, Canada. We were incorporated as an independent diocesan congregation of
the Springfield Diocese on December 17, 1892.
- Our Sisters of Providence Mission Statement:
We are called to reveal in the Church the mystery of God’s providence.
Trusting in the fulfillment of God’s promises, we risk all for
the sake of the Kingdom. With tender compassion we communicate
hope to those in need through ministries of healing, attending
particularly to the cry of the poor and oppressed.
Sister Kathleen Popko, SP
Sister Mary Caritas Geary, SP
Sister Senga Fulton, SP